I cannot believe how long it has been since I have last updated. Life has been crazy and I have regretfully been neglectful of blogging.
Here are a few life updates:
- I got a new full-time job around November. This seems like exciting news, but my new job seriously sucks.
- I had to put my beloved pet mini-lop rabbit to sleep. Lucy had a rare eye condition (cherry eye) that was worsening due to a blockage in her chest. Cherry eye can be common in some breeds of dogs, but is rare and hard to treat in rabbits. After many trips to the vet and different medicinal drops, her conditioned worsened and she was in a lot of pain. After 7 fun and loving years together it was very hard to say good bye to such a cherished companion. I still miss her dearly.
- I moved! I moved out of my parents house and into my partner’s apartment around the end of November/ beginning of December. At first, it was weird being out on my own without my family. I am now loving the independence and I feel very grown up. I do miss having my mom cook for me though! I am a good cook myself, but I get lazy. The apartment was overflowing with stuff before I moved in and is now even more cramped. Besides the space issue, living together has been a lot of fun.
- I got married! I tied the knot on Friday, February 28th, 2014. It was such a wonderful day and I could not be happier to be married to my best friend! We celebrated with 75 close friends and family members at the beautiful Black Creek Pioneer Village.
- I have bad asthma and every winter I am plagued with chronic bronchitis. I was luckily feeling wonderful on the day of my wedding. Unfortunately, it was -20 degrees Celsius and I insisted on standing outside in just my wedding dress to take pictures with the snow. My bronchitis flared up, and I haven’t been feeling 100% percent since.
- Back to the apartment space issue: my husband and I are now house hunting. We’ve been browsing houses online for months, and finally went to our first open house today! The house was a dud, but at least we are on the path to buying our first home.
I try to not get too personal on here, but I decided that it is time to open up a little bit and share some of what has been going on in my life and why I have been missing for so long. I’d also like to share some wonderful advice I received from a friend today. I was telling my good friend about an incident that occurred at work and that I dropped the most magnificent ice cream cone on the ground 😦 (Note: I bought myself the fancy ice cream to cheer myself up about my work situation. If you are curious the ice cream was a scoop of white chocolate ice cream and a scoop of birthday cake ice cream mixed together with white chocolate shavings and nerds in a white chocolate sprinkle cone from Marble Slab.) Anyway, my friend said “Don’t focus too much on the negative. What positive things happened today? Tell me three things.” I ended up giving her a list of 6 or so positive things and that really brightened up my day and changed my mood. I always focus on the negative things going on and stress out and get anxious about them. I very rarely pause to reflect on the positive things going on in my life. I am going to start actively working on changing this about my way of thinking. So, if anybody out there reading this is having a bad day or is thinking negatively, just think of 3 positive things in your life, no matter how big or small they are. It is easy to focus and harp on the negative and easy to look past the positive and take it for granted. Focus on the positive and work on changing the negative.
I have missed blogging and am eager to start back up again because I find that blogging helps me focus on the positive and is a great creative outlet. If you are new, welcome! If you have been here before, welcome back, and thank you for your support! I have a new favourite nail polish that I am eager to share and a few ideas in mind for up coming blog posts. Please check back to see what I have up my sleeve!