I’m headed up to the cottage this weekend for my boyfriend’s birthday. I just bought a few mix and match swim-wear pieces that I really like and wanted to share. I like all of the pieces I got, but I am especially in love with the rash guard and recommend one to everyone because they offer great protection from the sun and are perfect for hiding a not so perfect stomach.
Old Navy Women’s Mix & Match Underwire Swim Top
- In the colour black jack.
- $17 CAD
- This bikini top is lightly padded and has underwire support.
- I have a large chest and went up two sizes from my usual t-shirt size to get the cups to fit perfectly. I would say the size chart on the website was accurate and helpful in getting the right size.
- The adjustable spaghetti strap ties at the neck and back make it very easy to adjust and get the perfect fit.
Old Navy Women’s Mix & Match Boy-Short Bottoms
- In the colour flaming flamingo.
- $10 CAD (regular price $22.94)
- These shorts are a snug fit with some stretch.
- They are true to size.
- To be honest, I like them because they are comfy and make my small butt look cute.
Lululemon Rash Guard
- In the colour black/inkwell.
- $78 CAD
- I lost a lot of weight and have extra skin, stretch marks and some scars on my stomach. I don’t feel comfortable showing my stomach, so I always wear a rash guard over my bikini top.
- This rash guard is very slimming and hides my tummy perfectly. I definitely recommend a rash guard to anybody who is shy about their stomach (honestly this rash guard works wonders like spanxs).
- The rash guard works as a cover up, and gives a cool surfer chick look. Much more fashionable then covering up with a baggy mu-mu type deal, which is not very flattering.
- Swim fabric’s UPF of 50+ provides the ultimate sun protection. I have short sleeve rash guards, but I like that this one has long sleeves and offers my arms protection from the sun!
- The extra-long zipper pull in back makes this top easy to pull on and remove.
- A lot of the reviewers on the Lululemon website said that they sized up, but I went with my usual size (8) and it fits perfectly.
- The rash guard is very long and has a little loop to fasten to your bottoms. My bottoms don’t have anything the loop can grab onto, but I’m going to sew a button into them, so I can take advantage of this feature. I will appreciate not having to worry about the top rolling up and having my tummy poke out when I swim or go water skiing.
Walmart G21 Swim Shorts
- In the colour pink.
- I bought a pair of these shorts last year in black and love them because they are comfortable and are good at hiding my tummy if I am feeling self conscious in my boy short bottoms.
- They are true to size and are an amazing price at only $5.
- They come in a variety of fun colours. I decided that my black shorts with my black rash guard is too much black and thought that these pink ones would add a nice pop of colour.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I will be following up with my beach/cottage beauty favourites tomorrow, so please check back for that post! Please feel free to like and share this post as well as use the comments section to ask any questions/ leave any feedback/ suggestions etc. You can follow this blog and receive e-mail updates if you don’t already and as always you can contact me at email@example.com
Have a wonderful day!