I am quite sure that my mom makes the best lemon squares ever. A friend did a favour for her and asked for a batch of these very sought after lemon squares in return. So, I had my mom teach me her famous lemon square recipe and now I’m going to share it with you!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- the zest of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- Icing sugar
1. Crust: In a food processor blend the flour, butter and brown sugar until crumbly. If you do not have a food processor you can combine the ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to crumble in the butter.
2. Press the crust mixture into an ungreased 9 inch square cake pan.
3. Bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes.
4. Topping: In the food processor, lightly beat the eggs. Add in and blend together the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour, and baking powder. If you do not have a food processor you can stir these ingredients together in a bowl.
5. Pour the mixture over the baked base.
6. Bake at 350˚F for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Let cool completely in pan.
7. Garnish: Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar. You can also sprinkle with lemon rind.
8. Refrigerate and serve.
I definitely recommend trying out this recipe. These lemon squares are easy peasy to make and are extremely delicious. Enjoy!
As always, please feel free to like, share, follow, and leave comments/feedback/suggestions/let me know if you try the recipe.
Have an awesome day!